We are looking for :
Shiloh Christian Institute is a vibrant, active elementary school serving Christian families and their children from grades JK to 12. We are actively seeking qualified teachers to join our dedicated staff on a permanent basis. If you are passionate about teaching and are looking to use your skills in a supportive, Christian environment on a consistent basis, we’d love to hear from you.
We value the commitment and expertise of our teachers, and we strive to offer an enriching, rewarding work environment that aligns with our mission of providing an excellent Christian education to all our students. Come and be a part of our team and help us shape the minds and hearts of the next generation.
- Bachelor in Education or Degree in a specific area of discipline
- Proven teaching record of at least a minimum of one (1) year experience
- Latest Teacher Performance Appraisal, if applicable (minimum level of satisfactory)
- Criminal background check with vulnerable sector screening (dated within six months)
- Medical certificate of good health (dated within six months)
- Verification of teaching experience, if applicable
As well as presentation and acceptance of the above documents, the appointment would be conditional upon the following:
- The teacher continuing to hold qualifications in accordance with the Acts and Regulations administered by the Minister of Education (if applicable)
- Agreement to comply with the School Boards policies, procedures, and code of conduct
- A probationary period (currently 30 instructional days)
If you are interested, please email us with your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
No. While our association and education is wholly Christian, it is not a criteria for teachers to be of the same Faith.
School begins at 8:30am each day and ends at 3:10pm. Students should be brought to school by 8:20am. They must be picked up by 3:15pm.
SCI has 3-5 PA days a year, along with a 1-week March and Christmas break.
In conjunction with the Abeka Curriculum, we follow the Ontario Ministry of Education’s Guidelines for all subjects. All students in Grades 3, 6, 9 and 10 will undergo provincial testing. Our religious teaching is based on the Holy Bible, the inspired Word of God.
SCI strives to maintain a low student to teacher ratio which enables us to provide a high quality of instruction. We currently have 30 students and 4 staff and the average student/teacher ratio is 8:1.
Staff and Faculty are required to dress based on Christian standards of neatness and modesty.