We are looking for :
Supply / Occasional Teachers
We are a vibrant, active elementary school serving Christian families and their children from grades JK to 12. We are actively seeking qualified teachers to add to our supply/occasional list for when our staff are absent due to illness or other reasons. If you are looking for a way to use your teaching skills in a Christian environment on an occasional basis, we’d love to hear from you.
- Bachelor in Education or Degree in a specific area of discipline
- Proven teaching record of at least a minimum of one (1) year experience
- Latest Teacher Performance Appraisal, if applicable (minimum level of satisfactory)
- Criminal background check with vulnerable sector screening (dated within six months)
- Medical certificate of good health (dated within six months)
- Verification of teaching experience, if applicable
As well as presentation and acceptance of the above documents, the appointment would be conditional upon the following:
- The teacher continuing to hold qualifications in accordance with the Acts and Regulations administered by the Minister of Education (if applicable)
- Agreement to comply with the School Boards policies, procedures, and code of conduct
- A probationary period (currently 30 instructional days)
If you are interested, please email us with your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
No. While our association and education is wholly Christian, it is not a criteria for teachers to be of the same Faith.
School begins at 8:30am each day and ends at 3:10pm. Students should be brought to school by 8:20am. They must be picked up by 3:15pm.
SCI has 3-5 PA days a year, along with a 1-week March and Christmas break.
In conjunction with the Abeka Curriculum, we follow the Ontario Ministry of Education’s Guidelines for all subjects. All students in Grades 3, 6, 9 and 10 will undergo provincial testing. Our religious teaching is based on the Holy Bible, the inspired Word of God.
SCI strives to maintain a low student to teacher ratio which enables us to provide a high quality of instruction. We currently have 30 students and 4 staff and the average student/teacher ratio is 8:1.
Staff and Faculty are required to dress based on Christian standards of neatness and modesty.